- The rights of persons;
Name, status, legal status, disabilities, etc.
- Family law;
Parentage, adoption, marriage, divorce, matrimonial status, etc.
- Property law;
Movable and immovable property, ownership, usufruct, etc.
- Inheritance law;
Wills, transfer of assets, gifts, etc.
- Law of obligations and contracts.
Sales agreements, lease/rental agreements, personal loans, contractual liability,...
In Monaco, civil law is largely based on French law. Indeed, Monegasque Civil Law includes a large number of provisions of the Napoleonic Code of 1804.
Furthermore, complication arising from Monaco’s diverse population requires a good knowledge of private international law.
In this regard, we regularly assist local and international clients in all areas of civil law.
- Advice and assistance relating to prenuptial agreements,
- Change of matrimonial status in collaboration with notaries and barristers (“avocats-défenseurs”),
- Assistance of spouses in the framework of joint divorce proceedings,
- Advice and assistance relating to succession planning: draft of wills, incorporation of foundations, etc.,
- Advice and assistance relating to wealth structuring,
- Advice and assistance relating to the acquisition of real estate property,
- Incorporation of civil partnership,
- Draft of assignment of shares agreements,
- Negotiation during the drafting and execution of contracts,
- Advice and assistance relating to the settlement of disputes out of court,